Saturday, June 20, 2009

Vegas and Reno
















So today I took my female Mastiff, Vegas,(she's the brindle) to the vet. She is 8 and had been having trouble getting up. The vet ordered an xray which unfortunately showed us the arthritis she has on her spine, hips, and back knees. He prescribed some meds and said we would see what they do for her as far her quality of life goes. But in a very nice way he said he thought this would be my last Summer with her. I am crushed. I love Mastiffs. Vegas was my first. Steve baught her for me right out of high school. She was the last of the litter and when I saw her it was as if she'd been waiting for me to come get her. She is a big part of this family and I'm going to pray for a MIRACLE and hope that she may have many more years with us, but I know in the end I won't watch her suffer. My male Reno (the handsome fawn colored dog shown here) follows her every move watching over her almost as good as I do. I guess I should have expected this eventually because when your dogs weigh 150 and 180 pounds you can imagine there would be some damage in their older years. So I'm posting some pictures of her and Reno today..I guess you could say it makes me feel better :)

1 comment:

  1. Ash, I love these pictures. they show their personalities. And I just love big dogs.

    ReplyDelete